To deliver the Engineering functions remit, to minimise down time and increase our uptime availability through delivering a responsive breakdown response and Planned Preventative Maintenance working collaboratively with Production and other functions to identify failings (5 Why and other lean techniques) putting in place rectification plans to eliminate these for the future (100yr fix).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To liaise with the Lead Engineer to plan & Prioritise work to minimise downtime and maximise output.
- To deliver maintenance priorities (PPM’s) and ensure these are logged when complete in SAP to ensure failure to complete PPM’s is communicated. .
- Attend breakdowns on site ensuring there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised
- Carry out repairs to plant, equipment and facilities during production, effectively and efficiently either alone or as part of a team.
- To continuously identify ways to reduce costs and improve standards and efficiency in all areas
- To achieve hygiene audit standards in the engineering function & plan and assist in routine shutdown for hygiene purposes
- Championing Continuous Improvement within the company
- To control the maintenance of service equipment.
- To work proactively with all Team Leaders to develop and drive a culture safe working practices and environment
- Improve OEE
- Participate in the out of hours on call system when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths & English grade A-C, or equivalent
- 17th/18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regs
- HND/HNC electrical/mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Possess engineering background, either mechanical, electrical
- Previous hands on knowledge of working within the food industry
- Able to manage varied workload
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Customer focussed
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally at all levels
- Good influencing skills
- Able to explain project ideas and plans clearly
- Can demonstrate patience and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people
- Auto-Cad software
- PLC programming & fault finding
- FLT licence
- IPAF 3a & 3b or equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge of quality systems including documentation
Competencies required for role
- Commercial Acumen
- Strategic Planning
- Effective Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Team Working
- Leadership Skills
Key working relationships
- Line Manager
- Team Members
- Supply Chain
Food Manufacturing / Instant Coffee
Health and Safety
The post holder will be responsible for health and safety in the area under his/her control on a day-to-day basis, and must ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, that he/she is familiar with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and recommendations and these are observed within his/her areas of responsibility. Attention is drawn particularly to the existence of the Company’s policy statement on Health and Safety at Work. Any accident in the post holder’s area must be recorded in the accident book.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder
Want in? Let’s get started on something different, together. Apply today!
Cafea and Cafea UK are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender or identity.