Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties of the Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- You will be advising and supporting a variety of teams involved in engineering, production, warehousing and office functions.
- Monitor and support the day-to-day H&S of activities across the business.
- High ‘on-the-floor’ presence to ensure H&S standards are being met by stakeholders.
- Oversee the incident reporting process to ensure timely reporting, completion of investigation and action close out. Provide necessary support to teams to achieve this.
- Identify and escalate issues such as reportable incidents, trends and changing legislation.
- Ensure systems for auditing and reviewing H&S performance are in place and are functioning correctly and complete internal EHS audits. Ensure that issues are recorded and managed to resolution.
- Provide advice, awareness updates and training to teams/individuals to ensure H&S awareness and competency across the business.
- Complete and submit on-line service audits (Safecontractor, Altius, Avetta etc), ensuring we retain our pass mark status.
- Ensure that legal requirements such as LOLER inspections, risk assessments, COSHH are in place and being maintained.
- Support environmental matters (waste, spills, energy) and form part of the wider EHS Team in support of our ISO14001 certificate.
- Chair the EHS committee meeting, encouraging communication and consultation with our diverse teams.
- Look for opportunities to improve our H&S performance and processes and support the role out of relevant initiatives.
- Carry out and maintain risk assessments.
- Staying up to date with health, safety and environmental regulations
- Ensuring all new equipment meets current safety regulations
- Advise employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the work place.
- Managing emergency procedure (such ad fire alarm drills) and organising emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders.
Key Working Relationships
- Supply Chain
- DEK and Cafea Group
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
· Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
· Member of IOSH
· Solid ‘on-the-job’ and proven experience, demonstrating relevant legislation and compliance requirements.
· Self-starter with an analytical and methodical approach to work.
· Ability to work in a collaborate way with all stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues and influence at all levels.
- Ideally have a food manufacturing background, Production or Engineering
- Experience with ISO Systems such as ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Experience with SAP
Health and Safety
The post holder will be responsible for health and safety in the area under their control on a day-to-day basis, and must ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, that they’re familiar with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and recommendations and these are observed within their areas of responsibility. Attention is drawn particularly to the existence of the Company’s policy statement on Health and Safety at Work. Any accident in the post holder’s area must be recorded in the accident book.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Head of Operations
Food Manufacturing / Instant Coffee
20 hours per week. Ideally 4 hours per day Monday – Friday
What We Will Offer You:
- An open and stimulating environment
- Flat structure with a hands-on day to day requirement
- A motivated team with a high focus on culture and change
- An attractive remuneration package
Want in? Let’s get started on something different, together. Apply today!
Cafea and FFI are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender or identity.