National Account Manager
Fine Foods International, and our parent The Cafea Group, are a leading coffee producer with over a 100-year history of manufacturing the finest range of coffee and chocolate products in a huge number of varieties and pack formats for our private label customers. Our people are the heart of our business. We are committed to creating a diverse, welcoming culture within a supportive working environment. From our Bedfordshire factory, every day our dedicated team produce the perfect coffee to match our customer requirements.
Our Vision – To be the most passionate coffee company, helping to build a better tomorrow.
Our Mission – Using our expertise, innovation and insight to delight our customers, consumers and colleagues.
Our Values – We do the right thing. We act with Passion, Integrity, Innovation and Care.
Who are we looking for ?
We are looking for a National Account Manager reporting to our Head of Sales and working from our Dunstable site. Responsible for implementing account plans that grow the volume and profit of the FFI business. Whilst upholding the company values of always doing the right thing. Acting with passion, integrity and care in everything aspect of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing account sales plans appropriate for UK retail and convenience retail channel customers achieving volume & gross margin targets
- Conduct regular business reviews/meetings with relevant customer contacts to develop effective relationships and identify opportunities to grow FFI UK business. Manage all negotiations including cost price increases, NPD launches, distribution and contract terms.
- Proactively maintain a network of key contacts at Buyer level and cross functionally such as technical, category, marketing, online and supply chain, and where possible leverage those partnerships to deliver growth
- Build a good understanding of our customers, including the key levers to achieve our business objectives and make recommendations to amend FFI UK plan as appropriate
- Broaden the FFI UK business by investigating and developing new business opportunities within UK retail and convenience market
- Be a category partner to our larger customers, providing category insight, market data and knowledge as required
- Support customer initiatives, especially in the areas of sustainability and digital marketing, to build relationships and secure long-term trading partnerships
- Review performance monthly ensuring volume and gross profit objectives are being achieved, and recommending appropriate action where not
- Work collaboratively with peers from other parts of FFI UK and the Cafea Group to ensure the growth and success of the business, including contributing ideas and sharing knowledge and experiences
- Be an ambassador for the Cafea/FFI business with our customers and in the wider UK market
- FMCG experience managing national or large regional accounts with proven track record of developing existing and potential customers
- Excellent communicator and team player with established contacts within UK retail, wholesale or convenience channels.
- Track record of achieving targets
- A good standard of PC literacy and Microsoft office skills
- Ideally live within one hour of Dunstable site
- Self-motivated with high energy and a passion to win
- Fast learner who is keen to become involved in business issues and solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- Able to plan and organise themselves effectively
- Able to work to deadlines and resilient under pressure
Responsible to and deputise for:
Head of Sales